To help achieve our vision of excellence in concrete, the Concrete Institute of Australia recognises the need to provide all members of the concrete industry with an opportunity to be involved to promote and develop excellence in concrete research, technology, application, design and construction. In particular this includes young professionals as they bring new, fresh and innovative ideas and information to the industry.
The mission of NEXGen will be to promote the membership of young professionals in the Concrete Institute of Australia, and to encourage involvement within the organisation and at events and conferences. This can be done by:
- Promoting collaboration
- Building networks and connections
- Exchanging knowledge and experiences
- Organising events and activities
- Liaising with international young member groups
- Getting involved with the Concrete Institute of Australia
How can you do this?
- Join up with or set a local young members group
- Spread the word – talk to friends, colleagues, students, anyone who is in the concrete industry
- Organise an activity – coffee, drinks, lunch and get to know each other
- Identify local events and conferences to get involved in
- Work with State Committees to develop ideas, events and activities