To continue our mission of achieving our vision of excellence in concrete, the Concrete Institute of Australia recognises the need to provide ALL members of the concrete industry with an opportunity to be involved to promote and develop excellence in concrete research, technology, application, design and construction.
In particular this includes all female industry practitioners in all concrete sectors as they bring new, fresh and innovative ideas and information to the industry.
Women in Concrete is a community and technical forum. The focus is to promote greater female involvement, participation, knowledge sharing, and membership with the Concrete Institute of Australia, by making our events, activities and committees more inclusive, accessible, and inviting. This can be done by:
- Foster a network of women in concrete and create a community
- Promoting, collaborating and encouraging to increase the visibility of women in concrete
- Create a platform for women in concrete and make them the star of the events
- Organising events and activities to meet needs not addressed elsewhere
- Working with other Concrete Institute of Australia groups to implement ideas and objectives into typical activities
- Liaising with affiliated local and international groups such as NAWIC, Engineers Australia WIE, Women in Tunneling, Women in Concrete Alliance, and the Women’s Association for Concrete Professionals
- Encourage more women to get involved and choose a concrete career
- Attracting more women to join the Concrete Institute of Australia
By joining Women in Concrete you can start to grow your profile, connect with a like-minded community group, and increase your professional and technical development. To join, please click on the button below.