Seeking a Civil Designer for our Broome team.
We are expanding our team to support our Broome and Northern Australia clients. This is perfect for an engineer or designer wanting career progression, moving from a desk only position to a dynamic and rewarding role.
About the Role
This permanent fulltime role will involve coordination with clients and consultants and be responsible for detailed design and documentation, resourcing, budgeting, and delivering the end project.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Design, documentation and site inspections of various types of projects including roads, drainage works, civil infrastructure, essential services, land development and commercial.
- Liaising with clients, building client relations and preparing bids
- Develop detailed design drawings using AutoCAD with 12D and Civil 3D software highly regarded but not essential.
- Project management coordination with clients, other consultants, internal engineers, senior civil designers, and draftspersons for the documentation of civil engineering projects
- Site inspections (including inspecting civil works to ensure compliance with project documentation and specifications for work undertaken by contractors).
We offer the opportunity to design your role based on your career goals and passions. Take on this role and build it into the ideal position that blends design, documentation, client, and project management into one. Develop to your full potential in a supportive environment.
This exciting opportunity comes with a relocation package, support and the opportunity for professional development in Perth for up to 12 months prior to relocating (if required).
You will be a self-motivated, team orientated individual, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
Key skills and experience required for this role include:
- Experience in an engineering consultancy.
- Experience in Northern Australia or regionally across Australia will be highly regarded.
- Relevant industry experience, 3 plus years.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD.
- A sound knowledge of construction methods and health and safety.
- Engineering (civil) degree, TAFE qualification- Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree or similar equivalent industry experience
Why work for us? in return for your valued contribution and commitment, we offer our people:
- Excellent remuneration packages.
- Ongoing commitment to professional development and long-term career growth.
- Fantastic workplace culture, team environment and office facilities.
- Employee benefits include flexible working arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, exceptional parental leave options and much more.
- Fun social activities including a variety of employee and family orientated events held throughout the year.
Living in Broome you will experience a beautiful tropical climate, a relaxing lifestyle, newfound friends, and an abundance of wildlife and outdoor activities. Whilst, developing rapidly as a professional engineer at a successful and established consulting firm.
Apply here with your cover letter, outlining why you are perfect for this role and will be an asset to our team.
- We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
- Responses will be sent to those candidates who progress through to interviews.
How to apply
Follow the link to apply for the role.