- Supportive company culture that realises potential
- Full time position based in our Central Coast office
- Rewarding role with variety in duties
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee-owned engineering consultancy that has been established for over 45 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 450 people across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Due to continued grown and a strong pipeline of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Civil Engineer to join our Central Coast team, based in Erina.
Our team delivers various types of technically challenging projects across NSW focusing mainly within the Hunter, Central Coast and Sydney regions. As part of our growing team, your strong technical skills will be complemented by the ability to effectively manage and communicate project requirements.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider supportive group. Joining an industry-organisation, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Having an open management structure is both an advantage and a responsibility. The advantage is that we can get things done very quickly and respond immediately to client needs; the responsibility is that you will be the driving force for change. You will have access to many opportunities within Northrop, and it will be your responsibility to recognise what you need for your client or your own career development and we will assist to make that happen.
The successful candidate will also have:
- 2-8 years in a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering.
- The ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management, as well as guiding and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- The ability to connect and find common ground, gaining personal and professional trust.
- Creative problem solving, continually finding ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, working collaboratively with others including across various project disciplines.
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact Leith Dein at Ldein@northrop.com.au or on 02 4943 1777.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
*** No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
We are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
How to apply
To commence the application process, please click here.