Following a recent restructure within our Northern Australia region, the GHD Cairns office has a position available for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer to support a wide range of civil projects within a multidisciplinary environment.
In this role you will manage the design and documentation on a variety of civil infrastructure projects within Northern Australia in both the public and private sectors, across an extensive regional client portfolio. You will have an aptitude for resolving complex site constraints within the operational parameters required of such facilities, as well as previous project experience within a multi-disciplinary team.
In this role you will be involved in:
- Design, design coordination and project management of civil infrastructure projects, from feasibility through to construction
- Maintaining existing and developing new, trusted relationships with key clients in the Northern Australia region.
- Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary project design team/s with responsibility for design delivery requirements including technical outcomes, budgets, and timeliness in accordance with GHD’s and the clients’ expectations.
What will you bring to the team:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ).
- Passion for design documentation, assessment and analysis of technical data and imparting knowledge, skills, and experience through the provision of professional development in others.
- Excellent project management skills and ability and willingness to mentor junior engineers.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written (including report writing).
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating, and solving problems to brief and budget.
- The capability to produce concise and accurate reports, technical specifications, design calculations, and drafting briefs and mark-ups.
- Demonstrated experience in civil engineering design and the delivery of projects, from small projects to medium sized projects.
- Experience and a sound understanding of current civil engineering technologies, including design, modelling, and construction.
Ideally the successful candidate shall have more than 5 years’ experience within an engineering consultancy where you have successfully delivered projects within the Transport and/or Civil Infrastructure sectors.
Interested? Apply now.
Contact: Richard Lumb, Talent Acquisition Business Partner
T:+61 7 3316 4146
GHD is an equal opportunity employer, and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.
There may be government or client requirements which require an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
GHD embraces hybrid work arrangements to create a work environment focused on well-being, flexibility and productivity where GHD people can thrive. This supports the diverse needs of our workforce while balancing the benefits of remote working with the value of face-to-face collaboration in the office.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Online button below to lodge your application via LinkedIn or contact Richard Lumb.