With a strong project portfolio and several exciting opportunities on the horizon, we are keen to hear from a Senior Civil Engineer who may be interested developing their career further, working with a global professional services leader or just looking for the change of lifestyle that working in the regional location Tamworth provides. We truly support the hybrid and flexible working environment. You can enjoy true work-life balance and long-term careers prospects, access to industry leaders, major projects, key technical specialists across the globe, and our growing network across Northern New South Wales.
You’ll work alongside our industry leading engineers and work on various design and construction phase projects including water and sewer, waste, roads, bridges, buildings and other civil projects. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, respected and growing global organisation, but also maintain and build upon client relationships and further business development within the local community.
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer with general civil experience such as roads, water/stormwater, waste and buildings to join the team on the Tamworth. You’ll work on ambitious and interesting local projects, allowing you a balance of technical work, project management, construction phase involvement, operation support, business development and client engagement. This role can be appointed on either a part time or full time basis.
This diverse and exciting position will see you involved in:
- Playing a senior role within our close-knit team as well as acting as a client facing representative across a range of civil design projects
- Providing technical guidance, managing projects whilst maintaining a hands-on role in project delivery and supporting business operations
- Demonstrated experience in the design general civil projects such as roads, water/stormwater, waste and buildings in a consulting environment
- Collaborating across the team and broader GHD organisation as you work together to achieve sustainable outcomes within a truly multidisciplinary community of technical professionals
- Developing team capability and mentoring future professionals as you make your mark within a critical market for GHD and the broader North West NSW community
What you will bring to the role:
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar civil engineering role
- Relevant tertiary qualification coupled with experience in a similar position
- Strong and diverse technical capabilities with previous success in successfully delivering a broad range of projects
- High-level interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence key decision makers and achieve sustainable business outcomes
- Postgraduate qualifications or certifications (CPEng or related), will be viewed favourably.
- Proficient user with 12D / Civil 3D Civil Design packages and AutoCAD
GHD embraces hybrid work arrangements to create a work environment focused on well-being, flexibility and productivity where GHD people can thrive, this supports the diverse needs of our workforce while balancing the benefits of remote working with the value of face-to-face collaboration in the office.
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Alan Field
T +61 2 4081 3202
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
There may be government or client requirements which require an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Online button below to lodge your application via LinkedIn or contact Alan Field.