Karratha is flourishing. With massive investment in infrastructure, many people are making the move to the city. With great weather, endless family friendly activities, excellent schooling, great places to eat and drink and a fantastic arts precinct, there is plenty to enjoy about this coastal town.
Maybe you are the keen explorer, boaty or love fishing; Karratha provides the perfect base for access to amazing land and water-based activities locally and within the wider Pilbara and Kimberley areas.
If 2023 is your year to make that sea change or perhaps you are a local looking for a new opportunity, GHD is looking for a Structural / Civil Engineer to join a small vibrant team servicing a wide range of local, national and multinational clients and industry.
Our team in Karratha is a friendly multi-disciplined team, where you will be welcomed. GHD offers a competitive remuneration package, regional uplift and relocation assistance if required. You’ll enjoy the stability of an employee-owned company, the opportunity to become a shareholder; have access to our employee wellbeing program along with other benefits such as salary sacrifice for additional leave, topping up Super or accommodation costs and utilities * . GHD values flexibility and diversity and is open to candidates that may choose to do the role part time or as a job share, or as a transition to retirement.
You will be involved in the following:
- Management and delivery of local engineering projects and supporting the delivery of larger regional projects, including structural design and inspections
- Support the team working on a diverse range of clients such as Port, Local Government and Mining companies and their associated projects
- Contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for a wide range of projects
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities
- Travel to site as required for construction projects
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience at all stages of the project lifecycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, detailed design and data analysis, construction support and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating, and solving problems and risks to brief and budget
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Civil Engineering tertiary qualification with structural design competency
- The ability to work autonomously and independently and within a team
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Interested? Apply now.
- GHD offer a remote area benefit salary sacrifice scheme
Contact Jo Spillane
T +61 8 6222 8222
How to apply
Click on the Apply Online button below to lodge your application via LinkedIn or contact Jo Spillane.