BCRC is a leading construction materials and durability consultancy firm. We provide high level expertise to solve complex inspection, repair, materials, durability planning, durability design, durability assessment and construction litigation issues.
This includes design for durability, specification, durability plans, inspection, advanced non-destructive testing, repair & cathodic protection consultancy, concrete thermal & cracking analysis and asset management.
Our services also encompass: structural health monitoring, diagnostics, testing and inspection of concrete, steel, masonry and timber materials and structures, and façade panel flammability testing.
Benefits & Culture
- Rapid Expansion- From strength to strength, we have grown quickly to annual revenues of over $3M
- Excellent Pay- We work hard and pay our team members a generous salary
- Equity- The 3 owners are actively transitioning partial ownership of the company to the leadership team. Excellent time to join the company at this level and benefit from offer to participate in the Employee Share Scheme and create wealth
- Professional Development- Fantastic opportunity to develop technical and management expertise
- Career Growth- Gain exposure and become a key player in our industry with excellent career pathways
Are you a Senior Engineer or similar looking to take the next step in your career? Are you technically minded while also having an interest in CRM and Business Development? We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Durability or Structural Engineer (please note we do not practice in the field of structural engineering) to join our dynamic team and company as QLD Manager. Based in Brisbane, Queensland on a full-time basis, you will bring your qualifications and expertise to this role as you hit the ground running. Our current Queensland Manager will be relocating to manage one of our international offices mid next year. You will work closely with them for several months during a thorough handover phase prior to their relocation.
You will be expected to further develop your own and the company’s capabilities in a range of areas, for example concrete and steel durability design and service life modelling, timber inspection and remaining life assessments, building remedial design, advanced non-destructive testing, reinforced concrete Cathodic Protection design and certification.
As an Area Manager, you will need to demonstrate strong business development, project management and leadership potential. As we pride ourselves on our technical excellence, you will also be expected to quickly become a strong technical generalist across the materials and durability services we offer as a minimum.
- Full Australian Work Rights
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role. If you have less experience than this please do not apply
- Recognised Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Science, or Materials
- Able to quickly absorb business and technical skills from management and peers
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Proactive mindset, with a solution focused work ethic
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Team player that strives with minimal supervision
- Resilient and able to cope with responsibility and pressure
- Prior network of industry contacts and established client relationships – highly advantageous
- Chartered Professional Engineer and RPEQ – highly advantageous
Visit www.bcrc.com.au for company details and contact our QLD Manager Inam Khan if you have any questions.
How to apply
If you are excited by this rare opportunity to join our team, and possess the requirements to be successful in this role, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to the email address below.
Visit www.bcrc.com.au for company details and contact our General Manager, Jonathon Dyson if you have any questions.