Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for over 45 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 450 team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Due to continued growth and a strong pipeline of projects, our busy Structural team in Coffs Harbour is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Structural Engineer to join the team. You will be joining a growing team and will have the opportunity to contribute to wide-ranging, technically challenging projects.
You will enjoy operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to work with agility and play an integral role in project delivery and client liaison.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering projects across various types of structures within the residential / commercial / industrial sectors.
- Delivering multiple projects concurrently in a quality, cost effective and efficient manner, including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Direct client interaction, responding efficiently to client’s needs.
- Act as a mentor to less-experienced colleagues.
- You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
You will have access to many opportunities within Northrop and with our support we will help you to develop your career and make it happen. Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- Proven experience, (ideally 2-5 years), as a competent consulting structural engineer across concrete / steel / timber.
- Ability to be highly productive with periodic direct management and with little oversight from senior management.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment.
- Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly.
- Creative problem-solving skills to continually find ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact Leith Dein at LDdein@northrop.com.au or on 02 4943 1777.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
*** No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
We are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
How to apply
Please send applications to: