- Supportive company culture that realises potential
- Full time position based in our Newcastle office
- Rewarding role with variety in duties
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 45 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 450 team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Our growing Newcastle Structural Section requires a motivated and passionate Structural Engineer to join the team.
With a strong pipeline of upcoming projects with new and existing clients, you will be leading projects whilst supported by a close-knit management team.
You will be client facing, with the autonomy of leading projects from concept to construction and technical job delivery – with the support to help you succeed.
You will also be exposed to business development and have the chance to grow into a role that includes being involved in writing proposals, pricing projects and continuing to develop your professional network.
You will be part of a growing office with a great culture that includes regular team catch ups, office events and regular social activities.
Key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working on structural projects across various sectors, which includes being responsible for the technical delivery, managing junior team members and direct communication with the client.
- Assist junior team members in the planning of their project time each week.
- Act as a mentor to up and coming young talented engineers.
- Contribute to technical development across the Structural section.
- Develop skills in business development including preparation of proposals.
Applications are sought from candidates with the following attributes:
- 3-5 years of experience working as a structural engineering consultant in the Australian market.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and ideally CPEng certified.
- knowledge of ETABS, RC Building, RAPT, SpaceGass highly valued.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment – someone who can keep the team motivated and moving!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
- Familiar with financial management of projects internally is highly valued.
If you are ready to advance to the next stage of your career please click here to complete your application.
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact Leith Dein at Ldein@northrop.com.au or on 02 4943 1777.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture. We are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
How to apply
Please click here to submit your application