Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 45 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 450 team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Due to continued growth and a strong pipeline of projects, our busy Structural team in Newcastle is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Draftsperson to join the team. You will be joining an industry-leading team and will have the opportunity to contribute to wide-ranging, technically challenging projects.
Reporting to the Structural Drafting Manager, the primary focus of this role will be to successfully plan and complete assigned drafting projects within agreed budgets and deadlines, consistent with company and project standards. The ability to consistently produce quality documents in agreed time frames will be key to successfully performing this role. As this role progresses contributing to the continued upskilling, success and providing guidance to the more junior members of the team will become a more prominent aspect of this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable person to possess the following qualities:
- Upwards of 6 years of proven Structural Drafting experience, Revit experience is preferred.
- Project experience in building structures (concrete, steel, timber) across commercial, residential and industrial projects.
- Experience working in design consultancies.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm coupled with a passion for the construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills – able to speak and write clearly and concisely.
- Progression of this role will involve upskilling, success and providing guidance to the more junior members of the team.
To arrange a confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please contact Leith Dein at LDein@northrop.com.au or on 02 4943 1777.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
*** No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
We are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
How to apply
To commence the application process, please click here.