- Supportive company culture that realises potential
- Full time positions available in Newcastle and the Central Coast
- Rewarding role with variety in duties
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multidiscipline consultancy that has been established for 45 years. We have an open management structure and employ over 450 people across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC.
We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
Due to continued growth, our Central Coast and Newcastle offices are looking for experienced Civil Designers to join our team. Bring along your previous consulting experience as you take on a strong pipeline of work, working immediately on wide ranging, challenging projects.
A strong attraction of Northrop is the ability to set your own agenda and act upon your own strategic thinking. In addition to autonomy, you will have the support and guidance of being part of a wider inter-regional multi-disciplinary team. Joining an industry-leading team, you will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Bring along a great sense of humour and a team player attitude along with the following:
- Upwards of 5 years of proven experience within Engineering Consultancies.
- Experience within the Built environment.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications.
- Experienced in road design (TfNSW and local Council infrastructure) highly desirable.
- Experienced in 12D and AutoCAD packages.
- Experience in stormwater design highly desirable.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and goals at the same time, whilst working autonomously.
- Understanding of local and state government regulatory frameworks and statuary compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills – able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly in managing external consultants.
- Creative problem-solving skills to continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional group.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.
*** No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture.
We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you. If our advertised working arrangement doesn’t suit, we still encourage you to apply so we can consider your application.
How to apply
To commence the application process, please click here.