About the Job
We are currently looking for a Sustainability Manager to join our team to support the ambition to deliver society with net zero CO2 concrete by 2050.
Based at Mascot, you will be joining a progressive organisation offering a unique career opportunity and a competitive package.
You will join a collaborative team focused on results in an organisation that adds value to the industry.
This role will suit an individual with experience in construction materials and a passion for sustainability.
Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia is the peak body for the heavy construction materials industry in Australia.
We represent our members’ interests through advocacy to government and the wider community including:
- Building an understanding of industry and its role with stakeholders
- Advocate for and influence the application and use of members’ products
- Influence development of codes, standards, and rating tools to support the use of member’s products
- Demonstrate the industry’s sustainability credentials
- Encourage collaboration and networking across the industry
- Supply and share information to support the industry
About the role
- Working closely with industry stakeholders and management to facilitate co-operation and collaboration across the heavy construction materials industry supply chain
- Support and communicate the sustainability of construction materials for the built environment.
- Keep abreast of Australian and International developments in the sustainability of cement, concrete and aggregates and building and construction technology, capturing and disseminating relevant information.
- Actively support the effectiveness of the CCAA Sustainability Committee.
- Provide sustainability expertise to CCAA and its members.
- Manage or undertake Life Cycle Analysis to produce Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and LCA reports.
- Preparation of technical publications on construction materials sustainability such as Green Star and ISC Rating Tool guides.
- Determine and facilitate CCAA’s representation on relevant Expert Reference Panels (ERPs) and committees.
- Support development of training packages and research.
- Relevant qualifications and/or industry experience.
- Experience in construction materials specification, manufacture or supply.
- Knowledge of current sustainability issues for construction materials.
- Ability to work independently and deliver outcomes on time.
- Experience with sustainability rating tools (GBCA Green Star, ISC, NABERS).
- Understanding of Life Cycle Assessment including Environmental Product Declarations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the preparation and delivering presentations, training, reports and proposals.
- With experience in a similar position, you will need strong project and time management skills.
How to apply
Please send applications to: