We are currently looking for an ambitious Sustainability Manager to join our team to support our commitment to drive down the CO2 footprint of our operations, products and deliver society with net zero concrete by 2050.
This is a unique career opportunity for a passionate sustainability professional to join our team based in Mascot, NSW!
You will join a collaborative team focused on results in a progressive organisation that adds value to the industry.
About the role
- Working closely with industry stakeholders and management to facilitate co-operation and collaboration across the heavy construction materials industry supply chain to support and communicate the sustainability of construction materials.
- Actively support the effectiveness of the CCAA Sustainability Committee.
- Provide sustainability expertise to CCAA and its members.
- Manage or undertake Life Cycle Analysis to produce Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and LCA reports.
- Preparation of technical publications on construction materials sustainability such as Green Star and ISC Rating Tool guides.
- Determine and facilitate CCAA’s representation on relevant Expert Reference Panels (ERPs) and committees.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience.
- Knowledge of current sustainability issues for construction materials.
- Ability to work independently and deliver outcomes on time.
- Experience with sustainability rating tools (GBCA Green Star, ISC, NABERS).
- Understanding of Life Cycle Assessment including Environmental Product Declarations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the preparation and delivering presentations and proposals.
- With experience in a similar position, you will need strong project and time management skills.
Cement Concrete & Aggregates Australia is the peak body for the heavy construction materials industry in Australia.
We represent our members’ interests through advocacy to government and the wider community including:
- Building an understanding of industry and its role with stakeholders
- Advocate for and influence the application and use of members’ products
- Influence development of codes, standards, and rating tools to support the use of member’s products
- Demonstrate the industry’s sustainability credentials
- Encourage collaboration and networking across the industry
- Supply and share information to support the industry
Our industry is committed to drive down the CO2 footprint of our operations and products and aspire to deliver society with net zero concrete by 2050. We are working across the built environment value chain to deliver this aspiration in a circular economy, whole life context.
How to apply
Please contact Kae Singh at Hanson on 0455 196 974 or via email – firstname.lastname@example.org