One of the Concrete Institute of Australia’s primary objectives is to share knowledge with those working in concrete related industries. We also aim to provide professional development opportunities for Members. Our eConcrete learning platform provides the opportunity to do both of these, from the comfort of the office, or your lounge room, or the local cafe!
To continue to build our bank of eConcrete presentations there is a great opportunity available for Members to be presenters and share knowledge on various topics related to engineering, material science and construction.
Some of the topics that would be of interest to Members (but not limited to) include:
- Being an Engineer in 2021
- Engineering success stories and failures
- Best Legal Practices for Engineers
- Concrete mix design – a beginners guide
- Lightweight concrete and it’s uses
- Heavyweight concrete and it’s uses
- Shotcrete and mix design
- Concrete pumping and mix design
- Concrete testing
- Precast concrete manufacturing
- Concrete plant safety
- Concrete curing
- Concrete driveway repairs
- The tendering process
- Emerging technology within the construction industry
- Cement production
- SCM’s and their application
- Chemical admixture
- Concrete repair and repair materials
- Waterproofing, is concrete waterproof?
- Civil projects and the use of RCC concrete
The topics can be somewhat flexible depending on the speaker’s interest and expertise, so feel free to recommend any new ones not in the list (make sure they are relevant to the construction industry).
We are looking for presenters who are:
- Enthusiastic about sharing experience, expertise and knowledge.
- Ready to deliver the most up-to-date information about those topics.
- Willing to help spread the word about the webinar with his/her own network.
For each webinar, the speaker will be required to present for 20-30 min (you can speak from anywhere as long as you have access to a good broadband connection), the presentation will be recorded on our end and the audio edited to match your Powerpoint presentation. You can be located anywhere in Australia.
All webinars will be promoted to the Institutes members across Australia by social media channels, our Technical Resources and In The Mix eCommunications, Concrete in Australia magazine, and through our Members.
If you are interested in speaking on any of topics above, or if you have one in mind that is not on the list, please get in touch.