ITW is a Fortune 200 company operating in nearly every corner of the globe. ITW has a powerful and unique business model and culture which is the key to over 100 years of success. ITW Construction Asia Pacific employs around 1100 employees in the region to service our key end markets and customers in residential and commercial construction. Our team has achieved some great things this year – such as being rated number 4 top Graduate Employer in Australia amongst 300 eligible companies!
We are proud of our portfolio of brands such as Paslode, Stockade, Buildex, Pryda and Ramset, just to name a few. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The Structural Engineer will manage and deliver selected design work or components of designs to meet budget, quality and DIFOT as per segment’s business developments and targets. Also, to acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job leaning to attain Chartered Engineering status.
This full time role is based in Perth, Western Australia.
- Preparing designs, specifications, reports and other project documentation for customers and partners in line with segment and customer requirements as well as Quality Assurance guidelines;
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality design solutions in accordance to building codes an standards, participate in the resolution of technical issues within prescribed limits. Meet DIFOT requirements;
- Evaluate 80’s customer and partner needs, develop application(design) proposals, and manage project delivery requirements, including specification, technical advice and design work;
- Liaise with customers, builders, engineers and other stakeholders as required;
- Present regular updates to customers and performance metrics, in alignment to segment’s business targets and strategies;
- Present structural site inspections as requested by 80’s customers and partners and prepare technical reports;
- Acquire, reinforce, expand knowledge in structural design, under the guidance and mentoring of senior engineers; and
- Be responsible for the management and delivery of selected project work and internal technical activities set by the manager.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong Communication & Commercial Skills – proven track record of translating customer problems into commercially viable & simplified engineered application solutions;
- Lead effectively – holding self and others accountable for living the ITW culture and values (integrity, simplicity, trust, respect and shared risk), demonstrates self-awareness;
- Persuasive influencer – adept skills in forming, leading and influencing internal and external relationships;
- Commitment to driving a safety culture and continuous improvement; Fit with ITW Culture & Values; and
- A ‘natural’ 80/20 leader – prioritise and focus, make tough calls and drive simplicity
- Qualified Engineer (BEng Civil/ Structural) and recognised by Engineers Australia or Institute of Engineers New Zealand Commercial Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Structural Engineering
At ITW, our values are an essential, non-negotiable part of our culture and guide how we work together. The ideal candidate will live and breathe integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, and simplicity.
ITW is dedicated to providing a flexible and inclusive working environment where you will witness our enviable track record of internal career growth and progression.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email talent @itwcap.com to request assistance.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply online button below.